From the moment you accept Jesus into your heart, you are called to put your old self to death and literally hang every sin upon the cross. When we hang our sins upon the cross, we are agreeing that the OLD SELF is dead, and the new SELF that rises is the SPIRIT OF CHRIST within us. This Spirit of Jesus lives within YOUR heart when you are saved, and this is YOUR seal and promise to eternal life.
As a new creature in Christ, the Holy Spirit guides us to quit SINNING, and will show you how to seek the LORD’s ways with all of your heart, mind and soul! This means WAR between good and evil! For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;” -2 Corinthians 10:3-4 (KJV).
Those strongholds are sins that seek to destroy your lives, and they have names: Idolatry, pride, lust, anger, selfishness, resentment, lying, hatred, murder, stealing, fighting, slandering, discrimination, gossip, jealousy, respecter of persons, sexual sins and addictions.
As any soldier would prepare for war, you too must prepare for your WAR-so you can resist the temptations and the strongholds. ” Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” -Ephesians 6:11 (KJV).
The Whole Armour of God
When you are fully armoured in GOD, you are protected from the distortions, deceptions, and counterfeits that will manifest in the physical presence of your life. You will be prepared to stand against them and you will have authority over them through the Spirit of Christ- Because GREATER is he that is in YOU, than he that is in the world –1 John 4:4 (KJV). This ARMOUR is how you will fight off Satan and his attempts to destroy and devour. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you -James 4:7 (KJV).
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places -Ephesians 6:12 (KJV).
Can you just put on one piece of this equipment? NO! They all go together; so that you become unified in mind and, heart, and physically living them out in actions!
As it is, there are many parts, but one body. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. –1 Corinthians 12:22-22 (KJV).
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; -Ephesians 4:4 (KJV).
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ -1 Corinthians 12:12 (KJV).
So, it only makes sense that when we are prepared for battle, that we are to put on the WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD so that we can be prepared to battle what WILL come against us.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand –Ephesians 6:13 (KJV).
By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left. -2 Corinthians 6:7 (KJV).
Our victory begins by putting on the Whole Armour of GOD!
- Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,
- and having on the breastplate of righteousness; –Ephesians 6:14 (KJV).
- And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace –Ephesians 6:15 (KJV).
- Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked -Ephesians 6:16 (KJV).
- And take the helmet of salvation,
- and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;-Ephesians 6:17-18 (KJV).
The Belt of Truth
The Living Truth, the WORD of God, is deep within you so that you may live according to God, his living word inside of you.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God -Romans 12:2 (KJV).
but the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful –Mark 4:19 (KJV).
- But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God –2 Corinthians 4:2 (KJV).
- The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light –Romans 13:12 (KJV).
- And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins –Isaiah 11:5 (KJV).
- The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower –Psalms 18:2 (KJV).
- Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually –Psalms 109:19 (KJV).
- For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth –Ephesians 5:9 (KJV).
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law –Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV).
- By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness –2 Corinthians 6:7 (KJV).
- That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God –1 Corinthians 2:5 (KJV).
- But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate, Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers -Titus 1:8-9 (KJV).
- Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: –1 Peter 1:13 -14 (KJV).
- Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning –Luke 12:35 (KJV).
- Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God –1 Peter 4:1-2 (KJV).
Breastplate of Righteousness
Your righteousness is JESUS CHRIST within your heart. Allowing his Spirit to guide you, leaning not on your own understanding, but submitting to the authority of Christ Jesus and his word!
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD –Jeremiah 9:24 (KJV).
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation -1 Thessalonians 5:8 (KJV).
,And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith... –Philippians 3:9 (KJV).
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus –Philippians 4:7 (KJV).
Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture -Psalms 100:3 (KJV).
- And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; -Isaiah 11:2 (KJV).
- But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption –1 Corinthians 1:30 (KJV).
- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus –Philippians 4:7 (KJV).
- Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof –Romans 6:12 (KJV).
- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. –Galatians 2:20 (KJV).
For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke -Isaiah 59:17 (KJV).
Your feet for Peace
Preparing for Spiritual battle requires that YOUR feet are grounded in truth, so you do not waiver or fall. And wherever you are led or go, work or home, or out, that you are led to spread the good news of Christ.
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; –Colossians 1:23 (KJV).
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! –Isaiah 52:7 (KJV).
To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace -Luke 1:79 (KJV).
For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls –1 Peter 2:21-25 (KJV).
- He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake –Psalms 23:3 (KJV).
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path -Psalms 119:105 (KJV).
- Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me –Psalms 119:133 (KJV).
- He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail -1 Samuel 2:9 (KJV).
- Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God – Romans 5:1-2 (KJV).
- And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! –Romans 10:15 (KJV).
- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid –John 14:27 (KJV).
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world –John 16:33 (KJV).
Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; –1 Peter 1:12-13 (KJV).
Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble –Proverbs 3:23 (KJV).
For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken –Proverbs 3:26 (KJV).
The Shield of Faith
Living by Faith
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear -Hebrews 11:1;3 (KJV).
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification –Romans 4:24-25 (KJV).
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him –Hebrews 11:6 (KJV).
- That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls (1 Peter 1:7-9 KJV).
- While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal –2 Corinthians 4:18 (KJV).
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me –Psalms 23:4 (KJV).
Helmet of Salvation
Salvation through Christ today and forever.
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth –1 John 5:5-6 (KJV).
- Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. -1 John 3:1 (KJV).
- Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is -1John 3:2 (KJV).
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life –John 3:16 (KJV).
- Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him –1 John 5:1 (KJV).
- But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
- For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day –2 Corinthians 4:16 (KJV).
- For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;-2 Corinthians 4:17 (KJV).
- Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord –1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV).
- But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation –1 Thessalonians 5:8 (KJV).
- Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; -Hebrews 1:3 (KJV).
The Sword of the Spirit
God’s Word gives us Authority to conquer deception and accusations, swiftly like a sword. The SWORD is the WORD of GOD!
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart -Hebrews 4 :12 (KJV).
If ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:-1 Peter 3:14-15 (KJV).
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth –2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV).
- Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces –Jeremiah 23:29 (KJV).
- He made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me a polished arrow; in his quiver he hid me away-Isaiah 49:2 (KJV).
- The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned –Isaiah 50:4 (KJV).
- And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people –Isaiah 51:16 (KJV).
- And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do –Exodus 4:15 (KJV).
- Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty –Psalms 45:3 (KJV).
- Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; -Psalms 149:6 (KJV).
Soldiers in Christ, let the WORD, the Spirit, and GOD dwell in your hearts, guide your steps, protect your minds, so that you can stand firm against anything that is to come your way, ready and prepared to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his salvation! Through love, joy and peace.
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier -2 Timothy 2:3-4 (KJV).
In the Faithful Service of Jesus Christ,
Do You Know Where you Will Spend Eternity?
Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again for the sole purpose of saving us from our sins. Are you saved? The bible declares that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” – Romans 10:13 (KJV). Salvation is turning your life over to Jesus Christ, believing that Jesus is the son of God, and renewing your mind with his spirit, that is done through repentance of sin, and following JESUS with all your heart, mind and soul. JESUS transforms lives, if you are ready for this life saving step, call upon your savior TODAY! Learn more here.