“Yeah, the time cometh , that whosever killeth you will think that he doeth God service” John 16:2 (KJV).
Euthanasia and assisted suicide advocates throughout the world advocate for laws along the lines of those in place in the state of Oregon, claiming that they are well designed to only apply to dying patients with no hope of recovery. It was the model for the recently passed law in Victoria, and was much discussed in Britain.
It is also being promoted in Sweden, where assisted suicide is currently being discussed. According to Fabian Stahle, a Swede who opposes euthanasia, activists “explain to us Swedes that the Oregon practices are protected by strict safeguards which only allow people with an incurable and irreversible illness that will, within reasonable medical judgement, result in death within six months.”
In his report, Oregon Health Authority Reveals Hidden Problems with the Oregon Assisted Suicide Model Mr Stahle challenges the assumption that the Oregon system is “robust, well-proven and well-researched system that does not show any vulnerability to the development of a slippery slope.”
What does “incurable” mean here?
In a series of questions to the Oregon Health Authority, Mr Stahle drilled into how an “incurable and irreversible disease” which will “result in death within six months” is actually defined. He asked, “Is this rule interpreted as “without administration of life-sustaining treatment”?
Craig New, Research Analyst, Oregon Health Authority, Center for Public Health Practice, Public Health Division, answered in the affirmative, saying “…your interpretation is correct. The question is: should the disease be allowed to take its course, absent further treatment, is the patient likely to die within six months?”
Thus, Oregon defines a disease as being incurable even if it can be treated, meaning a far larger group of patients qualifies for medically assisted death than just the extreme cases for which the law was originally said to apply.
Digging deeper, Mr Stahle found that the Dignity With Dying Act (DWDA) applies to people with any chronic illness who is likely to die within six months if they receive no treatment.
Q) If a patient with a chronic disease (for instance, diabetes) by some reason decides to opt out from the life-sustaining medication/treatment and by doing so is likely to die within 6 months, thereby transforming the chronic disease to a terminal disease—does he/she then become eligible to take use of the act?
A) Interesting questions. While this is not addressed specifically in the law, the answer in both cases is yes—those patients would qualify. The law is best seen as a permissive law, and states only that patients must have a terminal illness with six months or less to live. It does not compel patients to have exhausted all treatment options first, or to continue current treatment. It is up to the patient and doctor to discuss disease and treatment options. But if the patient decides they don’t want treatment, that is their choice.
Life in the hands of insurers
Shockingly, Mr Stahle also found that the act would apply not only for patients who choose not to receive treatment, but who can’t afford it. In answer to a question about happens if the patient’s healthcare provider/insurer is not willing to pay for treatment or medication which would extend their life beyond six months, Mr New replied: “Patients suffering from any disease (not just those that typically qualify one for the DWDA) may not be able to afford some treatments or medication, and may choose not to pursue some treatments or take some medication for personal reasons. This is the patient’s decision and the law does not compel them to do otherwise. If the patient does not receive treatment or medication (for whatever reason) and is left with a terminal illness, then s/he would qualify for the DWDA. I think you could also argue that even if the treatment/medication could actually cure the disease, and the patient cannot pay for the treatment, then the disease remains incurable.”
In Nevada, cases have already emerged of insurers refusing to fund life-saving treatment, but offering to pay for euthanasia.
The Oregon deception
As Mr Stahle concludes: “Proponents want to sell the Oregon model along with the assurance that medically-assisted suicide only applies to dying patients where all hope is lost. But it is completely misleading. Surely vulnerable people in Sweden and all over the world deserve better than laws with such inherent dangers hiding beneath the surface?”
Courtesy of SPUC. The Society for the Protection of Unborn Children is a leading pro-life organization in the United Kingdom.
Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.- Psalm 109:16 (KJV).
Advocates of assisted suicide use manipulative terms like, “death with dignity.” or “mercy killing“ to remove the stigma of murder. No matter how it is twisted or spun, it is MURDER. Euthanasia is not an answer to mounting medical bills, nor a is it a viable option to social problems. It is however, the perfect solution for climate change alarmists who PUSH the erroneous and ungodly doctrine of “population control.” I know people are suffering, and rather than providing them with love, compassion, and caring, we offer them a needle of death! What is worse, is that “assisted suicide” is also being advocated and taught to children in schools. They are literally bringing in “suicide kits” to teach them that they have the right to end their lives. This is a direct attack of satan who is waging wars against our souls.
I understand if a machine is keeping a patient alive. Outside of this example, we are talking about literal murder. Family members and patients are being deceived and comforted with words such as “end the suffering.” This focus on death as an answer to the world’s problems is a total reversal of the biblical model. Rather than pushing suicide as a means to end suffering, why not pray and ask God to help? The second death is final…there is no turning back….
In the Faithful Service of Jesus Christ,
Do you know where you will spend eternity?
I pray that everyone that reads this is saved and knows Jesus as their personal savior. Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again for the sole purpose of saving us from our sins. Are you saved? The bible declares that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” – Romans 10:13 (KJV). Notice it does not say, MIGHT, could be, would be, it says, “SHALL BE SAVED”!If you are ready for this life saving step, call upon your savior TODAY! Learn more here.
Fellowship with us on FB at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
Get Up-to-date Prophetic News at He Is Coming’s FB Page
Follow us on Twitter @BirthPangWatch
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction – 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV).
- Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils – 1 Timothy 4:1 (KJV).
- For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. – 1 Timothy 6:10 (KJV).
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.– 2 Timothy 4:3-5 (KJV).
- This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. –2 Timothy 3:1-5 (KJV).
- But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.-2 Timothy 3:13 (KJV).
- And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.- Luke 17:26 (KJV).
- And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth” -Genesis 6:13 (KJV).
- “Yeah, the time cometh , that whosever killeth you will think that he doeth God service” John 16:2 (KJV).
- And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.- Matthew 24:12(KJV).
- Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart.- Psalm 109:16 (KJV).