The man in charge of China’s war against graft has issued a new warning against Communist Party members believing in “ghosts and supernatural beings” and revealed two top officials had left after systemic corruption was found in their departments.
Since assuming office four years ago, President Xi Jinping has waged battle against deep-seated graft, warning, as others have before him, the problem is so bad it could undermine the party’s grip on power.
In an undated speech to members of a government advisory body and carried in the latest issue of the influential party theoretical journal Qiushi, Wang Qishan said too many party members were weak in their ideological commitment.
“At present, some party members and officials don’t believe in Marxism–Leninism and believe in ghosts and supernatural beings. They don’t believe in the organization but believe in ‘masters’,” Wang said, using a term generally referring to charismatic religious leaders.
“When investigations are started, briefcases contain incense ash. This is diametrically opposed to the beliefs of Communist Party members,” added Wang, who heads the party’s graft watchdog the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
Party officials in officially atheist China are not supposed to practise religion and the charge of superstition is often leveled against the corrupt to further blacken their names.
China’s powerful former public security chief, Zhou Yongkang, jailed for life last year for corruption, was accused in court of leaking undisclosed state secrets to a fortune-teller.
The party held its yearly plenum in October, unveiling new rules against corruption.
Wang said during that meeting one member of the party’s Central Committee, the largest of its elite ruling bodies, and one member of the anti-corruption watchdog had “asked for leave”, though he did not give names.
“Because the departments they lead had systemic corruption, the party center decided to hold them accountable,” Wang said, without giving details.
Coming form a communist country who has always been a staunch adversary to all things Christian, this is not a surprise. The shock comes from the blatant words “the problem is so bad it could undermine the party’s grip on power.” It has several cryptic messages lurking, the good news is that for the CHURCH, we are doing something right, but it levels the very warning Jesus gave to prepare us for the events to come.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. -Matthew 24:9 (KJV).
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: – Amos 8:11 (KJV).
China has a long history of of violently persecuting Christians, and this warning seems to intensify their intent to continue its practices.
In the Faithful Service of Jesus Christ,
Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again for the sole purpose of saving us from our sins. Are you saved? The bible declares that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” – Romans 10:13 (KJV). Salvation is turning your life over to Jesus Christ, believing that Jesus is the son of God, and renewing your mind with his spirit, that is done through repentance of sin, and following JESUS with all your heart, mind and soul. JESUS transforms lives, if you are ready for this life saving step, call upon your savior TODAY! Learn more here.
- And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not– 2 Peter 2:2-3 (KJV).
- While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage – 2 Peter 2:19 (KJV).
- Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.-Acts 20:30 (KJV).
- Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: – Amos 8:11 (KJV).
- 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. -2 Corinthians 11:13 (KJV).
- But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction – 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV).
Fellowship with us on FB at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
Get Up-to-date Prophetic News at He Is Coming’s FB Page