And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up. -Isaiah 19:5 (KJV).
According to the calendar, Israel’s winter rainy season should have begun. But the winter is delayed resulting in depleted water reservoirs and Israeli farmers are beginning to run out of water in their irrigation systems.
The Israeli Water Authority has instructed farmers to halt planting their fields informing them that they have used up their water quota for 2016 a mere month-and-a-half before the end of the year.
“All of the farms are buckling because there is no water,” said one of the farmers.
The river flow into the Sea of Galilee is the lowest it has been since water measurements began. This year, agricultural water allocation was cut by 20% and 2017 is expected to bring another cut along with it.
In addition, Northern Israel is suffering a drought as a large island has formed in the middle of the Sea of Galilee, which has caused ecologic alarm.
The sudden appearance of the island is not entirely unusual or unexpected. It frequently appears in particularly dry seasons when the level of the Sea of Galilee drops significantly, and to be sure, this year is exceptionally arid.
Since summer’s beginning, the water level in the Sea of Galilee (Kinneret) has gone down by 40 inches, a worrying 14.76 inches below the lowest red line, the Jewish Press reported.
So how can Israel cope with the drought? A proposal was made to uproot orchards each year in need of water and to transition towards seasonal crops. Yet with no solution in sight, the fields remain dry. Will rainfall finally hit Israel and revitalize the country’s Northern agriculture?
Revelation reveals much about the future prophecy of Israel and punishments for their disobedience. While God promised in Amos 9:15 to plant Israel in their own land, never to be uprooted, and in other passages promised that the desert would flourish, God has also set aside a time to deal with apostate Israel, known as the Time of Jacob’s Trouble, and this time will come when God has brought in the full accounting of the Gentiles, that certain day, no man knows. But during this time, before tribulation and before Jesus comes, God is still speaking and making his presence known.
Throughout scripture we see warnings and messages from God about his punishment on not only Israel, but all nations who have rejected him.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; -Haggai 2:6 (KJV).
Drought, weather, earthquakes, volcanoes, are all such examples of these warnings from GOD. Signs such as these are indicators that we are in fact witnessing end-time events told to us in many prophetic passages. You can view those passages in the prophecy section below.
Job tells us that God uses weather and disasters to call the nations and people back to repentance. God also uses weather to cut off evil plans of wicked men, and to deliver mercy. “He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy Job 37:13 (KJV).
Paul also tells us that we are nothing without God, for while we are the ones that plant and water, it is GOD who makes things grow. (1 Corinthians 3:6-7). God causes all these events, and there is nothing man can do to control them. Our physical reliance is upon God, even though the world consistently thinks otherwise. Which is exactly why these events occur, they are warnings, and they should not be taking lightly.
Thou shalt be visited of the LORD of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire. -Isaiah 29:6 (KJV).
What can Israel do”? There is only one answer to that, REPENT, pray, and TURN TO GOD.
THE SEA OF GALILEE in BIBLE HISTORY
The Sea of Galilee, is home to many stories mentioned in the bible, including many miracles performed by Jesus during his earthly ministry. The lake itself has also been the cause of many Arab-Israeli wars.
The Sea of Galilee is known to us by four different names in scripture: Sea of Galilee, Kinneret (The “Sea of Chinnereth” or “Cinneroth,” or by the modern Hebrew name, Kinneret), Lake of Gennesaret, and Lake Tiberias. This is the largest freshwater lake in Israel, and serves as the primary source of drinking water for all of Israel today.
- “Galilee” (Matthew 4:18; 15:29)
- The “Sea of Chinnereth,” or “Chinneroth” in Hebrew means “harp-shaped” (Numbers 34:11; Joshua 12:3; 13:27)
- The “lake of Gennesaret” (Luke 5:1)
- The “Sea of Tiberias” (John 6:1; 21:1)
Much of Jesus’ ministry was spent in regions on or around the Sea of Galilee. 18 of the 33 recorded miracles of Jesus took place in the immediate vicinity of the Sea Galilee, with 10 being recorded in the city of Capernaum alone.(Matthew 4:18, 15:29, Mark 1:16; 7:31, John 6:1).
In the Faithful Service of Jesus Christ,
Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again for the sole purpose of saving us from our sins. Are you saved? The bible declares that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” – Romans 10:13 (KJV). Salvation is turning your life over to Jesus Christ, believing that Jesus is the son of God, and renewing your mind with his spirit, that is done through repentance of sin, and following JESUS with all your heart, mind and soul. JESUS transforms lives, if you are ready for this life saving step, call upon your savior TODAY! Learn more here.
Fellowship with us on FB at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
Get Up-to-date Prophetic News at He Is Coming’s FB Page
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; -Haggai 2:6 (KJV).
- And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.– Isaiah 11:15 (KJV).
- He stretched out his hand over the sea, he shook the kingdoms: the LORD hath given a commandment against the merchant city, to destroy the strong holds thereof.-Isaiah 23:11 (KJV).
- I will make waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their herbs; and I will make the rivers islands, and I will dry up the pools – Isaiah 42:15 (KJV).
- Behold, by my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a desert; their fish stink for lack of water and die of thirst -Isaiah 50:2 (KJV).
- How long will the land lie parched and the grass in every field be withered? Because those who live in it are wicked, the animals and birds have perished – Jeremiah 12:4 (KJV).
- Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will plead thy cause, and take vengeance for thee; and I will dry up her sea, and make her springs dry. -Jeremiah 51:36 (KJV).
- Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth -Job 12:15 (KJV).
- And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.-Revelation 16:12 (KJV).
- And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be – Zechariah 14:8 (KJV).
- I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked; and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD. – Zephaniah 1:3 (KJV).
The Euphrates River is also drying up, another prophecy we read about in Revelation, in the First Six Bowls of Wrath – the rivers dry up to make a passage for the kings of the east:
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared – Revelation 16:12.
We notice that the Euphrates dry up to let the Kings pass through.
Compare to the enemies Daniel wrote about: But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many – Daniel 11:44 (KJV).