The rainwater that fell in some of the villages of Zamora (Spain) last autumn brought along a strange traveller: a green microalgae that turns a reddish colour when in a state of stress. Once this microalgae was deposited into fountains and tanks it wasn’t long before the water turned red. Researchers from the University of Salamanca have shone light on this ‘blood rain’ phenomenon, yet they have not yet been able to identify the mysterious origin of these little algae which are also present in the pharmaceutical, food and even automotive industries.
In 2014, neighbours of Fuente Encalada in Zamora were astonished to see how the water in the white basins had turned red. Some immediately thought that someone had spilled something into the basin, or even that contaminants had been dumped from airplanes. And of course there were some individuals who did not fail to remember the Biblical plagues.
News travelled to the neighbouring village, Ayoó de Vidriales, where one resident, Joaquín Pérez, decided to collect some rainwater in order to monitor this phenomenon over the course of both last autumn and last winter. There was no doubt about it: there were some small particles appearing both along the edges and at the bottom of the containers that were staining the water red.
In order to solve this mystery, the intrigued neighbour decided to send some samples to scientists at the University of Salamanca. The results have just been published in the ‘Spanish Royal Society of Natural History Journal‘.
“The reddish staining is caused by Haematococcus pluvialis, a freshwater green microalgae that is capable of synthesising a red carotene pigment called astaxanthin when in a state of stress,” explains the geologist Javier Fernández-Lozano, co-author of the study, to SINC.
Light microscopy allows us to observe the complex life cycle of these unicellular algae. During some stages they can move using flagella, while during others they can form cysts if conditions are unfavourable, thus turning red. When the latter occurs, in the presence of sun light for instance, their red colour is even more visible against white backgrounds.
Up until now this microalgae was known to be found in bodies of water in the Northern Hemisphere, especially in North America and along the European Atlantic seaboard. However, their rare presence in peri-Mediterranean environments such as Zamora stands out.
“What is interesting is that we have confirmed that this species does not appear in Sanabria Lake or in the reservoirs surrounding the village of Ayoó de Vidriales -says Fernández-Lozano- so they must be coming from some other place”.
In order to try and find out where this species is originating from, the researchers analysed meteorological data, especially wind patterns, corresponding to the days of ‘blood rain’. The results of this analysis reveal a connection to prevailing westerly winds that would have affected the north-western area of the Iberian Peninsula during the autumn of 2014. However, the study was not able to identify the exact source of these microorganisms, suggesting that they may have even come from North America.
In recent years, the use of Haematococcus pluvialis has spread to the pharmaceutical industry owing to its antioxidant properties. Its application has also been extended to fish farms where it is used as a food source for salmon and trout in order to give these fish a deeper red colour. Thanks to food sources containing these non-toxic algae flamingos can boast their pinkish hue as well.
The motorcycle manufacturer Yamaha recently found a way to reduce CO2 emissions in their factories by using these small algae. The company was able to succeed in this by injecting carbon dioxide into huge pools full of Haematococcus.
Other genera of microalgae, albeit of the saltwater variety, are responsible for the red tides that sometimes occur in estuaries and costal areas all over the world from Galicia to California and Australia. ‘Blood rain’, however, is not as common an occurrence as these red tides.
The most famous ‘blood rain’ phenomenon was that of Kerala, India in the summer of 2001, since then happening once again in the southern part of the country and in Sri Lanka. Scientific studies have confirmed that the algae Trentepohlia was responsible for this event, while ruling out the opinions of some researchers who suggested alien or extraterrestrial sources.
”..keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith…”-1 Timothy 6:20-21 (KJV).
We can expect that God will address those who challenge his authority over the control of the earth. He will indeed answer the scoffers and the railers, Evolutionists, Theosophists, Pantheists, and all unbelievers, and it will defy everything they teach. God will raise his hand in a manner that no one expects.
That POWER—which is troubling the world—will manifest by defying nature and the theories of ignorance, the laws of nature will reverse in supernatural events, and the voice of GOD will be heard and seen as the infliction of these events shake the earth and the hearts of man!
Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again for the sole purpose of saving us from our sins. Are you saved? The bible declares that “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” – Romans 10:13 (KJV). If you are ready for this life saving step, call upon your savior TODAY! Learn more here.
Fellowship with us on FB at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
Get Up-to-date Prophetic News at He Is Coming’s FB Page
Follow us on Twitter @BirthPangWatch
- ”..keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith…”-1 Timothy 6:20-21 (KJV).
- Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away- Hosea 4:3 (KJV).
- The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish – Isaiah 24:4 (KJV).
- And had turned their rivers into blood; and their floods, that they could not drink. – Psalm 78:44 (KJV).
- He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish. – Psalms 105:29 (KJV).
- And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe also these two signs, neither hearken unto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the river, and pour it upon the dry land: and the water which thou takest out of the river shall become blood upon the dry land. – Exodus 4:9 (KJV).
- And the fish that was in the river died; and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river; and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.- Exodus 7:21 (KJV).
- And they rose up early in the morning, and the sun shone upon the water, and the Moabites saw the water on the other side as red as blood: – 2 Kings 3:22 (KJV).
- And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; – Revelation 8:8 (KJV).
- These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. – Revelation 11:6 (KJV).
- And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. – Revelation 16:4(KJV).