Mars exploration isn’t all about Curiosity and Opportunity rovers. NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has snapped loads of beautiful hi-resolution images of the red planet’s surface since 2006.
The spacecraft, which is operated by the University of Arizona, is equipped with a $40 million HiRISE (High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment) camera.
The device is the largest aperture reflecting telescope ever sent on a space mission, and is capable of taking 0.3 megapixel pictures.
Mars is known as the red planet, but the HiRISE images have been enhanced by ‘false coloring,’ which helps scientists track changes on the planet’s surface.
Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:- Amos 5:8 (KJV).
1. The Noctis Labyrinthus, or ‘Labyrinth of the Night,’ received its name due to its steep-walled valleys which intersect to resemble a maze-like structure.
2. The eroded badlands at Aram Chaos, a vast crater near the equator of Mars, have been nearly filled with sedimentary rocks.
3. The so-called ‘inverted crater’ in the Arabia Terra region of Mars spans about 250 meters in diameter.
4. One of the first sand dunes to be discovered on Mars was found by scientists inside the Proctor Crater.
5. The rich clay deposits of the Nili Fossae region make it one of the most attractive areas for Mars researchers, as they provide conditions allowing organic materials to be preserved.
6. A giant snake-like dune, or barchan, in the Hellas impact basin of Mars was formed due to winds blowing in the same direction for a long period of time.
7. A fresh crater is seen on the Martian surface, complete with colored dust which was kicked up during an impact.
8. The Curiosity rover (lower left quadrant) and the tracks it laid on the surface of mars, as shot by the HiRISE camera.
9. A high-flying dust storm was pictured from orbit in the Amazonia Planitia region of Mars in late spring.
10. Dust devils leave twisted and fascinating tracks on the sandy surface of the red planet.
Join us at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:- 2 Peter 3:5 (KJV).
”..keep that which is avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith…” (1 Timothy 6:20-21 KJV).
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ – Colossians 2:8 (KJV).
And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke (Acts 2:19 KJV). “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars…” Luke 21:25 (KJV).
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made,even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse – Romans 1:20 (KJV).
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork -Psalm 19:1 (KJV).
Which commandeth the sun, and it riseth not; and sealeth up the stars. Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea. Which maketh Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades, and the chambers of the south. Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number – Job 9:9-10 (KJV).
…”Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion?” Can you lead forth a constellation in its season, And guide the Bear with her satellites? “Do you know the ordinances of the heavens, Or fix their rule over the earth?…- Job 38:31-33