When I think of any kind of liquid metal form changing shape and moving around on its own accord, I can’t help but conjure up images of the T-1000 robot assassin from the movie, Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Now scientists have made a little drop of metal that’s able to propel itself through liquid and change shape to fit through a narrow passage.
Although this little drop of liquid metal is no shapeshifting Nanomorph, it does have some fascinating properties that could one day be used to develop new methods for delivering drugs through blood vessels.
To make the liquid metal drop, scientists from Tsinghua University in China mixed together gallium, indium and tin. Next, they attached a tiny bit of aluminum to the drop. When dropped into a container of sodium hydroxide — or even salt water — the aluminum created a chemical reaction with the solution that produced tiny bubbles, which propelled the drop.
The propulsion was enhanced by a natural imbalance of electric charges occurring between the front and back of the drop. As long as the aluminum bit was on the back end of the drop, it moved forward.
The scientists placed the drop into a container with channels and the drop followed the pre-designated path. If the path narrowed, the drop was able to adjust its shape and squeeze through.
These experiments build on previous work from this team, which is interested in developing soft robots that can change shape and move on their own. Is it an emotionless cyborg possessing a superior command of martial arts skills? Only time will tell.
Join us at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
- Experts Warn of Economy Crash – Start Saving Money as Robots Set to Replace Humans
- The ‘Great Delusion’ is Here: Florida Pastor Has a Message for Robots and Humanoids
- The Rise of Robots – How Artificial Intelligence is Taking Over
- Military Plans to Replace One-Fourth of Combat Soldiers with Robots, Says General
- How about Requesting a Loan from a Robot? Japan Replacing Human Workers with AI at Alarming Rate
- Humanoids, Robots and AI: Here are the Creepiest Ones so Far
- A.I. More Dangerous than Nuclear Weapons – The Quiet Confidence in Replacing Humans for Robots
- US Soldiers to Have their Bodies Scanned to Create Virtual Replicas
- Japan to open the World’s First Cyborg Hotel – It isn’t Science Fiction Anymore!
“Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth” – James 5:4 (KJV).
“lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away” 2 Timothy 3:1-5 (KJV).
And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay -Daniel 2:43 (KJV).
“Power and signs and lying wonders”…rejection of truth, and for this “God shall send them a strong delusion that they shall believe a lie” – 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 (KJV). Satan, has already set the stage for deception – he teaches today the lie of the immortal soul. “And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:…” -Genesis 3:4 (KJV).
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment -Hebrews 9:27 (KJV).