(Vatican Radio) As has become customary, Pope Francis visited the Basilica of Saint Mary Major on the eve of his Apostolic Voyage to Strasbourg.
The Holy Father visited the Basilica around 17:30 Monday evening, where he paused in prayer before the image of the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title “Salus Populi Romani.” A statement from the Holy See Press Office said Pope Francis spent approximately half an hour in prayer, asking for Mary’ intercession for the success of his visit to the European Parliament and the Council of Europe in Strasbourg. Following his prayer, the Holy Father offered a wreath with blue and yellow roses, the colours of Europe.
While it is a customary practice for Catholics to worship and pray to Angels, the Bible is very clear about whom we should worship and pray to. Jesus Christ, our Savior. When we look at scripture, there is no mistaken this fact. Consider these verses:
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate -Exodus 20:4-5(KJV)..
- Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.-Matthew 4:10 (KJV).
- And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve -Luke 4:8 (KJV).
- Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind…-Colossians 2:18(KJV).
- And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God -Revelation 22:8-9(KJV).
- What does the bible say about an intercessor? Who is our intercessor and who is our advocate? Jesus teaches us that he alone is our intercessor.
- For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; -1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV).
- Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us -Romans 8:34(KJV).
- Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them -Hebrews 7:25 (KJV).
- My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world -1 John 2:1-2 (KJV).
- And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you -John 14:16-17 K(KJV).
- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father,even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me…John 15:26 (KJV).
To pray to angels or saints is to believe that they are given the same ability as God. As we can clearly see by the bible verses, our pray and our worship and belong to God alone, our divine creator who is worthy of our praise. Amen!
“If any man have an ear, let him hear.”
Yours in the Faithful Service of Jesus Christ,
Source : Vatican Radio News
Join us at: He Is Coming -Are You Ready?
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils – 1 Timothy 4:1 (KJV).
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction – 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV).
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry – 2 Timothy 4:3-5 (KJV).
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: -2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 (KJV).